Filed under Soccer, Sports

Lady Indian soccer advances to next round of regionals after, 3-0, victory against Salina-Central

Junior Sophie Humphrey defends against Liberal at a previous home game. After a 3-0 victory against Salina-Central, the Indians move on to the next round of 5A State Soccer Championship.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

The Lady Indians soccer team pushed past Salina-Central, 3-0, in the first round of the 5A State Soccer Tournament at home on May 14.

Freshman Caroline Robben scored the first goal in the 36th minute with the help of freshman Kamree Leiker. That was the only goal before half time.

In the second half, Robben found the back of the net again in the 67th minute to make the score 2-0. To finish the game, senior Kallie Leiker would score the third and final goal with an assist from Robben.

With this win, the team improves its record to 11-1-5 and advances to the next round of the state tournament against the 15-1-0 Valley Center Hornets in Valley Center on May 16 to play for the title of Regional Champion.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...