Filed under Media, News

Board of Education meets, discusses building repairs; parking lot replacement projected to be completed by 2028

Director of Buildings and Grounds Rusty Lindsay discusses the condition of various building throughout the district. Lindsay mentioned the high school parking lot replacement which is currently 40 percent complete. The projected completion date is 2028.

Tribe Broadcasting

Tribe Broadcasting

The Board of Education met on April 29 to discuss items listed on the agenda.

Best of the Best awards were given to middle school social studies instructor, Ted Foster and Savannah Clingan.

“Savannah Clingan, a fifth grader at Wilson, is an outstanding student leader,” instructor Leslie Karlin said. “As a member of our Wilson Role models she serves her  students and school community.”

Foster was nominated by student Eli Rohr.

“He always knows what kind of teaching they (the students) need,” Rohr said. “He doesn’t teach every student the same way.”

During the meeting, Director of Buildings and Grounds Rusty Lindsay discussed the condition of the current school buildings.

Lindsay showed a chart listing each building in the district along with the condition of different aspects of said building, like the parking lots or flooring.

To view the full chart, visit page 99 of the agenda.

According to the chart, green means that area is in new or good condition, orange mean the area is in poor shape and red means the area is in bad shape.

“There’s 21 areas that are orange,” Lindsay said. “I’m going to try and address five of those 21 areas this year and three of those areas next year. That leaves 13 of them that we’re just doing repairs on.”

One of those orange areas is the parking lot at the high school.

“We’ve been working on it every year since I’ve been here,” Lindsay said. “We’re about 40 percent complete.”

Roughly $100,000 has been put into repairing the high school parking lot each year. The competition date for the project is 2028.

21afeyerherm@usd489.com

Alicia Feyerherm, Staff Reporter

Alicia Feyerherm is a sophomore and this is her second year in Newspaper. She is also involved in Tribe Broadcasting, Scholar’s Bowl, Red Cross Club...