Prom candidates get excited for upcoming dance

Prom is right around the corner, coming up on Saturday, April 20, meaning juniors and seniors are preparing by finding their dresses or suits, not to mention searching for dates or friends to go with.

Prior to Prom, teachers nominated seniors as Prom royalty, and students voted for king and queen. Candidate pairs include seniors Tanner Boxberger and Emily Stenzel, Will Linenberger and Brygette Ross, Corbin Luck and Julia Zadina, Elijah McCullough and Lexi Burton and Justus Nelson and Aubree Thomas.

“Being a Prom candidate is something I am really excited for because it seems like most little girls dream to be one,” Zadina said. “It is something that I think is very fun, and the process so far has been very enjoyable.”

The theme this year, chosen by the juniors, is “Mamma Mia,” which is a movie from the early 2000s set on an island in Greece. This means the setting will be very summery.

As with the past few years, Prom will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn near Walmart, with walk-in starting at 8 p.m. and the dance continuing until 10:30 p.m. There will be dancing, games and snacks that you will not want to miss.

24jwente@usd489.com