Students make New Year’s Resolutions

With 2013 right around the corner, students are beginning to make resolutions for the new year.

Some students have specific goals they are hoping to attain.

“I want to lose weight and quit drinking pop,” senior Kelsey Hammett said. “I’d like to lose weight because I’ve gained quite a bit of weight throughout the years and I’d like to lose it. I also drink way too much pop, and I’d like to see myself stop or at least cut back a lot.”

Sophomore Jordan Wilson also has a specific resolution for 2013.

“I want to have a year with less drama,” Wilson said.

Other students have more general resolutions.

“I probably just want to make it through another year with no regrets,” sophomore Lexie Reinhardt said. “I think new year’s resolutions are okay, but they are pointless if people don’t stick to them.”

Junior Alex Green plans to stick to his resolution.

“I want to be reborn and to succeed,” Green said. “Determination and patience is key to life.”

Hammett agreed that motivation is important.

“I used to think new year’s resolutions were stupid when I was younger, but now that I’m older I feel like a new years resolution is a great way to stay motivated through whatever you want your resolution to be,” Hammett said.

Some students do not have resolutions for the new year.

“I don’t have one because I can’t keep them,” sophomore Abby Henry said. “Sometimes they work for people, but they don’t work for me. It’s great to have goals for yourself, but if people really want to change, they should be able to change whenever without waiting for a new year.”

13dbrissonburns@usd489.com