Lady Indian softball team gains four victories, adds three losses over past weeks

With an incoming record of 6-2-2, the lady Indian softball team faced off against their in-town rivals, Thomas More Prep (TMP) on April 25, Salina Central on April 26, Liberal on April 30 and May 2 and Andover Central and Salina South on May 7.

Facing against the TMP Monarchs on April 25, the Indians dominated their rivals, winning 20-5 to improve their record to 7-2-2.

On April 26, the lady Indians had a double header against the Salina Central Mustangs in Salina. In the first game, Hays won in a close bout, 2-1. In the second game, however, the Mustangs pulled away and defeated the lady Indians in a blowout, 14-5.

In the first of their back-to-back games against the Liberal Redskins on April 30, Hays dominated at home to win in a shutout, 15-0. On May 2, the lady Indians traveled to Liberal, decimating the Redskins, 15-1.

The lady Indians took on Andover Central at home on May 7, coming in with a record of 10-3-2. Andover Central came out with the victory in the match, defeating Hays 6-0. On their second game of the day against Salina South, the lady Indians took a big blow, losing the game, 12-1.

Hays now holds a record of 10-5-2, taking on Manhattan on the road on May 9.