Boys take third with only 11 swimmers

After a long day at Salina South, the boys placed third with only eleven swimmers competing.

Sophomores Derek Drees and Joshua Brungardt competed along with juniors Trever Rohn and Nathan Adams in the 400 Free Relay. The boys placed third. Their time was 3:57.81.

Drees, Rohn and Adams also competed with junior Torrey Contrerez in the 200 Medley Relay.  The boys placed third again with a time of 2:07.12.

Brungardt and Contrerez competed alongside sophomores Blake Mathews and Spencer Greathouse in the 200 Free Relay with a time of 1:53.09 earning them fourth place.

Drees won fourth place in the 50 Free with a time of 24.66.  Along with competing in the 50 Free, Drees competed and placed third in the 100 Free.  His time was 56.30.

Brungardt placed sixth in the 100 Free with a time of 1:02.03.

Mathews competed in the 200 Free and 500 Free.  He placed second in the 200 and third in the 500.  Mathews’ times were 2:15.54 and 6:15.16.

“I hope to improve in my 200 time to less than two minutes,” Mathews said. “Then my 500 time to lower than six minutes by the end of the year.”

Competing in the 100 Free was Rohn.  He placed fourth with a time of 58.70.

Adams placed third then fourth in the 200 IM and 100 Breast.  His times were 2:25.15 and 1:14.48.

Contrerez competed in the 100 Fly placing sixth.  His time was 1:21.13.