Boys swimming at Hutchinson

The boys swim team competed on Dec. 14 at Hutchinson.

In the 200 Free, sophomores Connor Hess and Blake Mathews placed fourth and sixth.  Their times were 2:19.26 and 2:24.36.

Hess took fourth in the 500 Free with a time of 6:25.50. Medaling in the 500 Free along with Hess was sophomore Justus Jungnickel and junior Jake Nelson.  Jungnickel and Nelson tied for sixth with a time of 7:27.94.

The only one to place in 200 IM was junior Nathan Adams.  Adams’ time was 2:30.52 earning him a fifth place medal.

Sophomore Derek Drees and junior Trever Rohn finished the 50 Free with times of 25.49 and 26.55.  Drees placed third and Rohn followed in sixth.

Drees and Rohn also took fifth and sixth in the 100 Free. Rohn placed fifth with a time of 59.19 and Drees took sixth with his time of 59.36.

Wrapping up the placing at Hutch in the 100 Fly was junior Kevin Rivera.  Rivera placed sixth in a time of 1:33.00.

“I felt that I dramatically improved in Hutch,” Rivera said. “The first meet at Salina I got disqualified, and embarrassed almost every event that I did, but now I am swimming like a baby dolphin.”