Craving New Restaurants

Recently built Wendys on north Vine.
Recently built Wendy’s on north Vine.

As the afternoon comes to an end and families begin to prepare dinner, most students will usually ask the one question. What is for supper tonight?

Many students are tired of the same fast-food and restaurant choices and want a new variety of food.

“We have so much fast-food,” junior Haili Leiker said. “We don’t need any more.”

Junior Joshua Adcock also believes Hays should branch out.

“It’s ridiculous to have more than one restaurant of the same chain,” Adcock said. “Most people like trying new things, and that would help new restaurants flourish. Also, if Hays only had one of each restaurant, the restaurants would most likely have more customers. If the customers wanted to eat at that specific restaurant, they wouldn’t be able to go to the other one.”

Senior Christopher Rooney would like an Indian restaurant to be built.

“I love Indian food and nobody ever has it,” senior Christopher Rooney said.

One franchise restaurant that many students hope to find in Hays shortly is Olive Garden.

“I think other restaurants would lose a lot of customers and profit if an Olive Garden was built,” junior Shae Biskie said.

Other students believe restaurants that have been around for a while may not lose much profit if new restaurants are built.

“It depends on the person’s preference,” freshman Kaylee Brin said. “If there are a lot of people who don’t like the new restaurant, then it may not do as well.”

Other people fantasize about building their own restaurants.

“If I were to open my own restaurant, I would call it Brandon’s,” senior Brandon Taylor said. “I would only accept money that was backed with gold rather than US bills, or they could pay me in chickens.”

13aarthur@usd489.com