Filed under Basketball, Sports

Lady Indians fall at Sub-State to Goddard Lions, 38-33, on Mar. 1

Freshman Taleia McCrae attempts a basket at the first round of Sub-State at home against Kapaun Mt. Carmel. The Indian basketball team ended its season 14-8 after a loss against the Goddard Lions.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

After a 38-33 fall at Sub-State to the 20-2 Goddard Lions, the Lady Indians basketball team ended its season 14-8.

The Lions would take an early lead to make the score after the first quarter 8-5. At half time, the Lions would continue their lead making the score 17-13.

After half time, the Indians would try to make a comeback scoring eight points to Goddard’s seven. However, this would not be enough as Goddard would lead the scoring into the fourth quarter scoring 14 points to the Indian’s 12.

In the end, Goddard took a five-point victory to make the final score 38-33 and end the Indians season.

Leading the scoring was senior Savannah Schneider with 10 points while junior Isabel Robben threw in eight. Senior Jaycee Dale added in six while junior Brooke Denning and freshman Taleia McCrae both scored four points. Rounding out the scoring was senior Kallie Leiker with one point.

This loss ended the season for the Lady Indians with a 14-8 record.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...