Filed under Basketball, Sports

Lady Indians take, 56-49, victory over Dodge City Demons on Feb. 21

Seniors Kallie Leiker and Mattie Hutchsion block a player at a previous home game. The team is now 13-6 and will play the Abilene Cowboys on Feb. 22.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Senior Savannah Schneider led the Lady Indians to an away-game, 56-49 victory over the Dodge City Demons on Feb. 21.

In the first quarter, the Demons took the lead making the score 11-9. The Indians took the lead to make the score at half-time 26-24.

During the third quarter, the Indians would continue to lead the score making it 39-35. At the end of the game, the Indians would take the victory to make the score 56-49.

Leading the scoring was senior Savannah Schneider with 16 points. Senior Kallie Leiker followed with nine points while freshman Aleyia Ruder scored seven.

Also adding to the scoring were juniors Tasiah Nunnery and Brooke Denning with six points each. Junior Isabel Robben threw in five points, and senior Jaycee Dale added in four points. Rounding out the scoring was senior Mattie Hutchison and freshman Taleia McCrae with two and one points, respectively.

The team is now 13-6 and will play the Abilene Cowboys at home on Feb. 22.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...