Filed under Basketball, Sports

Lady Indians basketball takes 62-48 victory over Kapaun Mt. Carmel in first round of Sub-State at home on Feb. 27

Junior Brooke Denning attempts a basket against Kapaun Mt. Carmel at the first round of Sub-State on Feb. 27. The team is now 14-7 and will play the Goddard Lions on Mar. 1.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Senior Savannah Schneider led the Lady Indians to a 62-48 victory over Kapaun Mt. Carmel in the first round of Sub-State at home on Feb. 27.

The Indians would take a five-point lead with the score being 12-7 after the first quarter. In the second quarter, the Indians would continue their lead to make the score at half-time 28-13.

Going into the fourth quarter, the score was 45-27 with the Indians in the lead. The Crusaders would attempt to make a comeback in the fourth quarter scoring four more points than the Indians, but it would not be enough as the game would finish with the Indians taking a 14-point victory.

Senior Savannah Schneider led the scoring with 13 points while junior Tasiah Nunnery followed close behind with 11. Junior Brooke Denning threw in nine, and senior Jaycee Dale added seven.

Junior Isabel Robben and freshman Taleia McCrae both threw in six points while senior Kallie Leiker scored five. Roudning out the scoring was freshman Aleyia Ruder with three and senior Mattie Hutchison and sophomore Brooklyn Schaffer with one point each.

The team is now 14-7 and will play the 19-2 Goddard Lions at an away game on Mar. 1.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...