Filed under Basketball, Sports

Boys basketball fall to WAC rivals, Great Bend, 76-67

Sophomore TJ Nunnery drives to the basket after beating two Great Bend defenders on a fast break in Hays City Shootout.

Jacob Maska

The boys basketball team traveled to Great Bend to face off against their WAC rivals, and fell 76-67.

The Indians trailed in the first quarter by only two points, 16-14. Senior Cade Swayne lead the Indians with four points in the first quarter.

The Panthers didn’t let up pushing their lead to 7 at the end of the second quarter, with a score of 33- 26.

Senior Trey McCrae flipped a switch in the second half dropping six points in the third quarter and 18 points in the fourth quarter, giving a strong effort to bring the Indians back into the game.

The Great Bend Panthers were relentless and kept the game in control throughout the game and finished the game out for the 76-67 win over the Indians.

The Indians will face off against the Garden City Buffaloes, at 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 11 at Hays High School.

19jmaska@usd489.com

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...