Filed under Golf, Sports

Junior Trey McCrae wins sixth golf tournament, sends Indians to state for the 10th year in a row

Junior+Trey+McCrae+squares+up+on+the+green+in+a+recent+tournament+at+home.+On+May+14%2C+McCrae+won+his+sixth+tournament+of+the+season.+

Junior Trey McCrae squares up on the green in a recent tournament at home. On May 14, McCrae won his sixth tournament of the season.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

On May 14, the Indian golf team won the regional tournament in Garden City by one stroke. This is the 10th season in a row that the Indians have went to state and the sixth season in a row that the Indians have won regionals.

Leading the Indians in scoring was junior Trey McCrae with a score of 75 for a first place finish, followed by junior Josh Norris with a score of 79 third place, and senior Allen Zollinger with a score of 81 for a fourth place finish.

This tournament win for McCrae would count towards his sixth tournament win this season.

About the Contributors
Taylor Schiffelbein, Sports Editor

Taylor Schiffelbein is a senior at Hays High. She is in her third year of newspaper on the sports team. The past two years Taylor has been the sports editor....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...