Girls golf competes at Salina, Garden City, Hesston

Girls golf continued its season on Monday, Sept. 18 in Salina, where the girls placed third overall with a score of 343.

Leading the team, junior Jaycee Oakley finished in 10th with an 82. Close behind her was senior Evyn Cox, placing 11th with an 83.

Soon after, the team traveled to Garden City on Thursday, Sept. 21. They won the tournament with a score of 327, and six girls placed in the Top 10.

Senior Abbie Norris won the invitational with a 75. Cox placed third with an 80, Oakley placed fifth with an 85, senior Lily Garrison placed sixth with an 87, junior Avery Augustine placed ninth with a 90 and senior Ashlynn Banker finished 10th with a 94.

Most recently, the girls competed in Hesston at the Buhler Invitational on Friday, Sept. 22, placing second overall with a score of 343.

Only one lady Indian scored in the Top 10, which was Norris, who finished sixth with an 81.

“I love seeing our team win,” Garrison said. “Seeing everyone happy on the rides home are sometimes my favorite part of golf season, besides the actual sport.”

24mnorris@usd489.com