Filed under Basketball, Sports

Junior Brooke Denning leads Lady Indians to 46-35 victory over Garden City on Feb. 15

Senior Kallie Leiker takes the ball down the court at a home game. The Indians will play Feb. 21 in Dodge City.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

After two losses, the Lady Indians took an 11-point victory over the Garden City Buffaloes in Garden City on Feb. 15.

Junior Brooke Denning led the scoring with 16 points. Seniors Savannah Schneider and Jaycee Dale threw in seven and six points, respectively.

Senior Kallie Leiker and juniors Tasiah Nunnery and Isabel Robben all added four points to the scoring totals. Rounding out the scoring was freshman Taleia McCrae and senior Mattie Hutchison with three and two points, respectively.

Garden City took the lead early on scoring 14 points to 11 points scored by Hays. In the second quarter Hays caught up making the score at half time 22-18.

Hays would continue its lead into the third quarter scoring 9-6. The team’s lead would continue as the final score would be a 46-35 victory for Hays.

The team is now 12-6 and will play the Dodge City Demons on Feb. 21.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...