Filed under Basketball, Sports

Lady Indians fall to Abilene Cowboys, 62-48, at away game on Feb. 12

Senior Savannah Schneider attempts a basket at a previous home game against Manhattan. The team is now 11-6.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

The Lady Indians basketball team fell to the Abilene Cowboys, 62-48, in Abilene on Feb. 12.

In the first quarter, the Cowboys took a seven-point leading making the score 16-9. After the first half, the score was 23-16.

The Indians would try to make a comeback in the third quarter scoring 21 points to the Cowboys’ 18 points. However, this would not be enough as the Cowboys would lead the scoring in the final quarter going 21-11 to make the final score 62-48

Senior Savannah Schneider led the scoring with 19 points and junior Brooke Denning threw in 12. Also adding to the scoring was senior Jaycee Dale with eight points. Rounding out the scoring was junior Tasiah Nunnery and senior Kallie Leiker with five and four points, respectively.

With the loss, the team is now 11-6 and will play the Garden City Buffaloes in Garden City on Feb. 15.

21abrull@usd489.com

sd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...