Filed under Media, News

Instructor Kathy Wagoner recognized at Feb. 26 Board of Education meeting, Hays Middle School technology discussed

Technology Director Scott Summers answers questions concerning the different technology options for the middle school next year. A decision will be reached on the March 25 board meeting.

Tribe Broadcasting

Tribe Broadcasting

The Board of Education met on Feb. 25 and discussed many different items on the agenda.

The meeting started out by awarding the Best of the Best awards. Each month, one staff member and one student is given the honor of USD 489 Best of the Best.

This month, Hays High instructor Kathy Wagoner was nominated by secretary Sue Rouse.

“She (Wagoner) is one of those people that actually brings the community in so they have a knowledge of what’s going on at Hays High,” Rouse said.

For the last two years, Wagoner has brought in professionals from the community to help seniors develop their resumes and interview skills. This year, Wagoner brought in around 50 community members.

Later on in the meeting, Hays Middle School’s technology was brought up. The school will be receiving new devices next school year.

The three options brought to the table.

One was purchasing 680 6th Generation iPads, with Logitech Rugged Combo 2 cases. That option would cost $238,000.

Secondly, purchasing 20 Dell 3189 Chromebooks with Gumdrop Drop Tech Cases, and management software. That option would cost $267,048.

Finally, 720 Windows Dell 3190 devices with Gumdrop Drop Tech cases could be purchased for $306,712.80

Technology Director Scott Summers addressed some of the board member´s questions concerning each option.

No decision has been reached yet, but the board will vote on the issue during the March 25 meeting.

The next meeting will be held on March 4.

21afeyerherm.usd489.com

Alicia Feyerherm, Staff Reporter

Alicia Feyerherm is a sophomore and this is her second year in Newspaper. She is also involved in Tribe Broadcasting, Scholar’s Bowl, Red Cross Club...