Filed under Basketball, Sports

Boys basketball falls to Abilene Cowboys, 53-49

Junior TJ Nunnery  looks past Great Bend defender for a past to the post in a recent match up.

Jacob Maska

Junior TJ Nunnery looks past Great Bend defender for a past to the post in a recent match up.

The boys basketball team faced off against Abilene, but fell 53-49 to the Cowboys.

Both teams started off the night on fire with the Indians leading in the first quarter 16-14, against the Cowboys.

The Indians starting off the second quarter with a two-point lead, Abilene kept it close trailing by three the end of the half, 35-32.

The game slowed downing the second half, the Indians scoring 11 to the Cowboys 7. The Indians would lead going into the fourth quarter 46-39.

The Cowboys shut down the Indians offense in the final quarter allowing the Indians to score on 3 points. Abilene caught fire, and went off for 14 point to take the lead and win the game 53-49.

19jmaska@usd489.com

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...