Filed under Football, Sports

Indian football falls to Red Demons

Senior Hunter Browns throws a pass and hopes to hit someone for a touchdown in a recent game against the Garden City Buffalos. The Indians lost to the Dodge City Red Demons on Oct 6.

Hannah Harman

Hannah Harman

The Indian football team lost to the Dodge City Red Demons on Oct 6, 12-7. The start of the game was delayed by over two hours, which lessened the teams ability.

Neither the Red Demons or the Indians could reach touchdown territory in the first half, keeping the score an even 0-0.

At the beginning of the second half, the Red Demons were able to finally score a touchdown, but missed the extra point, leading the Indians 6-0.

The Indians still struggled to get the ball into the endzone, but were able to find it after a bobbled snap, leading to senior Hunter Brown finding junior Palmer Hutchison in the end zone. Senior Logan Clark’s extra point was good to bring the Indians into the lead, 7-6.

The teams were becoming even slower throughout the game, leading to many mistakes, one mistake being in the Red Demons favor. The Indians fumbled the ball, leaving the Red Demons the opportunity to return the ball for a touchdown, and that’s exactly what they did. The Indians would then lose to the Red Demons 12-7 for their last game of the WAC schedule.

The Indians are now 2-4 on the year and finished 2-2 in conference. The Indians will be hosting McPherson on Friday for homecoming night.

19tschiffelbein@usd489.com

Taylor Schiffelbein, Sports Editor

Taylor Schiffelbein is a senior at Hays High. She is in her third year of newspaper on the sports team. The past two years Taylor has been the sports editor. In her free time, when she’s not waiting tables at Guiterrez, she enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends.