World Language Club hosts Movie Night event

On Friday, Oct. 6, the World Language Club hosted an event after school in which members watched movies in the languages the members voted on.
“The students that show up to World Language Club often get to vote on something they want to do for an event.” sponsor Codi Fenwick said. “For students interested in Japanese, we watched the movie ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service,’ and for students interested in German, I provided ‘Frau Holle,’ and I provided popcorn and Slim Jims.”
Students who attended at least one of the previous meetings gave input on the date, theme, films and languages they wanted to include at the event.
World Language Club offers students a way to achieve their goal of learning a new language. Each Thursday in Room 114, the World Language Club holds its meetings, where students gather in small groups and study their chosen language. Some students act as leaders by creating these small groups of language learners so they can collaborate with their learning.

Teacher Codi Fenwick, the sponsor for World Language Club, also organizes events for the students in the club. When they meet on Thursdays, Fenwick talks to club members about ideas on what they would like to do. Since World Language Club is a fairly new club, created just two years ago, they are small enough that students have a lot of input about what events they want to partake in.
Another World Language Club event is planned for Friday, Dec. 1. Students will present different Christmas or holiday traditions from the language/culture they are interested in.

25lgoodspeed@usd489.com