Seniors attend second to last Community Ambassador’s meeting

The four members of Community Ambassadors are seniors Isabelle Braun, Ryan Hernandez, Kallie Leiker and Shyann Schumacher. Along with 10 others from different high schools, the four are given different opportunities to learn skills needed after graduation as well as apply for a scholarship open specifically for students in the program.

Google Images

Seniors Ryan Hernandez, Shyann Schumacher and Isabelle Braun attended the Community Ambassadors session with Nex-Generation at Sunflower Bank on March 18.

In this session, the Economic Development/Networking specialist at Nex-Tech, Mendi Anschutz, presented a Business Plan Workshop.

Though much of this was review for the Hays High members who attended because of DECA, Schumacher believed it was a nice refresher for her future.

During this session, Christine Stacken also presented members a scholarship opportunity.

By April 5, Community Ambassador’s are asked to prepare an essay over how being a part of Sunflower Community Ambassadors helped them, though the essay is not a requirement. Then, the essays will be taken under consideration and winners will be announced at the meeting on April 18 at Fort Hays State University.

“I thought it (this meeting) was great,” Schumacher said. “My favorite part of the meeting today was learning about all the ways entrepreneurship has shaped the business world today and will in the future.”

19ibraun@usd489.com

Isabelle Braun, Editor-in-Chief

Isabelle Braun is a senior who loves talking to new people and spending time with friends. She is very driven and plans to make her senior year the best...