Filed under Sports, Volleyball

Volleyball takes first with 5-0 finish

Senior+Hannah+McGuire+setting+up+a+hitter+at+the+recent+home+game+where+the+team+went+2-1.+

Volleyball takes first with 5-0 finish

Senior Hannah McGuire setting up a hitter at the recent home game where the team went 2-1.

Kamryn Schoenberger

Kamryn Schoenberger

Kamryn Schoenberger

The Lady Indian volleyball team place first in the Great Bend Invitational. It went 5-0 beating, Hutchison, St. John, Salina Central, Phillipsburg and Great Bend. The team is now 15-9 on the season.

In the first match against Hutchison, the Indians won it in two with the scores of 25-23 and 25-19.  Helping the team out was junior Tasiah Nunnery with 17 kills, senior Hannah McGuire with 19 set assists she also had one service ace along with junior Macee Altman who had one as well. Sophomore Brooklyn Schaffer helped out with 22 digs and senior Kallie Leiker also had 21 digs. Seniors Jaysa Wichers and Jaycee Dale had six and three solo blocks respectively.

In the second match the ladies beat St. John 25-17 and 25-16. In this match T. Nunnery had nine kills while McGuire had 13 assists. Leiker gave the team 11 digs while Altman put up four solo blocks and three block assists.

For the third match the Indians got the scores of 25-10 and 25-17 to beat Salina Central. T. Nunnery helped her team with her eight kills and 14 assists. Schaffer also helped out with getting seven digs.

In the match against Phillipsburg, the Indians complete the game in two with the scores of 25-11 and 25-20. McGuire gave her team 10 assists and T. Nunnery aided with eight kills. Leiker and junior Olivia Schremmer helped out with five digs each.

In the final match against Great Bend, the team won it in two with the scores of 29-27 and 25-22. In this game T. Nunnery had 17 kills, while McGuire had 22 assists, with Leiker aiding with 14 digs.

19mfagan@usd489.com

MacKenzie Fagan, Assistant Sports Editor

MacKenzie Fagan is a senior and this is her third year in Newspaper. MacKenzie enjoys spending my time with family and friends and playing softball.