Girls basketball season wrap up

Over the last month the ladies have gone 6 -7. In the Western Athletic Conference play they are 2-2.

The team won against Junction City, 47-25. At the half, the Indians were leading 29-14. In the game against Pratt, the ladies fell 52-28.

Against Liberal, the ladies were ahead 25-14 at the half. They went on to win 50-36. The Indians couldn’t quite keep up against the Great Bend Panthers going into the half 24-22. The final score was 51-40. The ladies fell to Garden City 49-31, but came back with a win against Dodge City, 44-42.

In the first round at the McPherson Tournament, the ladies lost by 40 points to McPherson. The score at the half was 42-7, and the final score was 68-28. The girls then played the Dodge City Demons and won by 6 points, 58-52. The score at the half was 30-29, Demons. The final day of the tournament the team went up against Valley Center, but failed to bring home a win. The final score was 54-34 and the score at the half was 31-16.

Senior Katelyn Schumacher currently leads the team in points with 157. Seniors Janae Gagnon and Kaitlin Gulley follow with 99 and 63 points. Senior Taylor Herman has accumulated 23 blocks within the last 13 games. Herman also leads the team in assists with 41.