National Honor Society inducts new members in November

This year, 52 students from Hays High School were accepted into the National Honor Society, with an induction ceremony being held on Nov. 7. The Academic Booster Club provided a reception at the end of the ceremony to welcome the new members.

Earlier this school year, on Sept. 19, Hays High students, who had a GPA above 3.5, had the opportunity to apply for NHS. The required application included a wide variety of information, including academic accomplishments, leadership positions, volunteer hours, and community/teacher references. The organization is a group of students who show academic, behavioral and leadership excellence in their community.

“I personally felt like this year’s National Honor Society [induction] went great,” sponsor Cheryl Shepherd-Adams said. “I’m happy to have been able to support the National Honor Society as a sponsor, and I am equally as excited to see how the school year progresses and how students continue to grow.”

During the months of November and December, NHS students will be participating in a food drive for families in need during the winter season. From Nov. 27 through Dec. 22, NHS members will be volunteering to go buy grocery lists of needed foods.

25lgoodspeed@usd489.com