Jana’s Campaign hosts Options assembly

Jana’s Campaign hosts Options assembly

An Options representative speaks to students regarding sexual violence awareness. This is the first event Jana's Campaign has hosted in the month of April.

Kalyssa Boyle

Kalyssa Boyle

Kalyssa Boyle

In honor of April, the sexual violence awareness month, members of Jana’s Campaign held an Options Assembly on April 8.

The assembly was organized by Sue Ann Tebo, family and consumer science instructor, alongside student advocates for the cause.

The speaker at the event was Jamie Clark, an Options representative.

“I had one of my students contact Options to see if they were available and willing to come in,” Tebo said. “They said they were always more than willing to come in.”

Tebo said the main point made is to stay safe.

“Understand who you can talk to,” Tebo said. “There is always help there, whether it is for you or a family member.”

Throughout the month of April, the group will be raising awareness for the issue, including an assembly on April 12 during extended seminar.

“We want to talk about sexual violence,” Tebo said. “We want people to be aware that it is an issue and that we can try to prevent it.”

20ahillebrand@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Allison Hillebrand, Assistant Editor

Allison Hillebrand is a junior and this is her second year in newspaper. She is excited to be a part of the editing staff this year, and is determined...

Kalyssa Boyle, Staff Reporter

Kalyssa Boyle is a sophomore who loves gaming, Mountain Dew, and snakes. Her hair color varies and is mostly decided by whatever box has the most ridiculous...