Filed under Media, News

Scholar’s Bowl hosts Battle of the Brains

Scholar's Bowl members competed head to head against teachers.

Allison Brooks

Allison Brooks

Allison Brooks

Alicia Feyerherm

Battle of the Brains, where Scholar’s Bowl members go head to head against teachers, took place Wednesday, Sept. 26.

There were six teachers that participated, Heath Meder, Joan Crull, Melanie Folkerts, Codi Fenwick, Kayla Brown and Lynn Zimmerman.

“The event was a joyous display of brainpower and the competitive spirit,” Scholar’s Bowl instructor Cheryl Shepherd-Adams said.

There were four rounds played and the Scholar’s Bowl team came out victorious, winning 3-1.

Shepherd-Adams has high expectations for the team, especially the top scorers at practices.

“Levi Hickert and Andrew Duke have been our top scorers in practice so far, so I’m expecting even more from them this year,” Shepherd-Adams said.

Shepherd-Adams has high hopes for the team this year.

“Last year we qualified for State for the first time in our history,” Shepherd-Adams said. “We lost some very strong seniors from last year, but the younger Bowlers have stepped right up.”

21abrooks@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Allison Brooks, Staff Reporter

Allison Brooks is a sophomore and this is her second year in newspaper. She is involved in tennis, scholar’s bowl, and student council.

Alicia Feyerherm, Staff Reporter

Alicia Feyerherm is a sophomore and this is her second year in Newspaper. She is also involved in Tribe Broadcasting, Scholar’s Bowl, Red Cross Club...