Cathedral Concert Performance

Each year, the Chamber Singers perform in the Cathedral Concert in Victoria. This year’s concert was held on Sunday, Nov. 9. Two concerts were held during the day, at 3:30 and at 6:30.

“I really do enjoy the Cathedral Concert,” senior Dustin Mulkey said. “It’s fun to perform in that place and see all the other groups perform too.”

Performing in the Cathedral is different from performing in other concert halls.

“You’re performing in a much different place,” Mulkey said. “The cathedral has seven seconds of reverberation.”

The Chamber Singers sang three selections at the concert – “In Splendoribus Sanctorum”, “O Magnum Mysterium” and “Gloria, Pax, Alleluia.”

“We had some ups and downs, but I’d say it went pretty well,” senior Spencer Greathouse said.

Junior Shelby Matlock claims that the time in the Cathedral adds up.

“I’ve performed in the Cathedral three times,” Matlock said. “I’ve performed there once for Singing Irish Falcons and twice for Chamber Singers.”

For Matlock, the Cathedral Concert is also an introduction to the Christmas season.

“I love performing in the concert,” Matlock said. “It has neat acoustics and it is great to see the community singing for the holidays. It gets you into the Christmas mood.”

14awalters@usd289.com