Filed under Soccer, Sports

Lady Indian soccer season ends after 2-1 loss against Valley Center in third overtime

Senior Kallie Leiker dribbles a ball at a previous home game against TMP. The Lady Indian soccer season ended after a 2-1 loss against Valley Center on May 16.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

The Lady Indian soccer season came to a heartbreaking conclusion after Valley Center scored on a penalty kick in the third round of overtime on May 16 in Valley Center.

It was clear early on that it would be a battle for the title of Regional Champions as neither team was able to score in the first half. Early in the second half, Valley Center would make the first goal of the night making the score 1-0 at the 43rd minute.

Twenty-six minutes later, sophomore Allison Shubert would answer when a foul in the box would lead to a penalty kick to make the score 1-1. Neither team would score for the remainder of regulation.

After the first two scoreless overtimes, a handball was called on the Lady Indians early in the third overtime. The Lady Hornets were rewarded a penalty kick and ended the game after the ball sailed into the goal to make the score 2-1.

This regional loss concludes the Lady Indians 11-2-5 season.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...