Lady Indian softball season ends after, 7-6, loss to rival Great Bend on May 14

Junior Macee Altman bats at a previous home game. The Lady Indian team ended its season 7-8 after falling to Great Bend in regional opener.

Jacob Maksa

Jacob Maksa

Jacob Maksa

The Lady Indians softball team fell, 7-6, to rival the Great Bend Panthers in extra innings at Wichita Northwest on May 14 for the 5A regional opener game.

In the second inning, the Indians scored two runs while Great Bend scored three. Great Bend scored another two points in the bottom of the fifth.

Junior Madelyn Waddell hit a three-run homer in the top of the seventh inning to give the Indians a 6-5 lead over the Panther. However, the Panthers would score another run to tie the Indians in the bottom of seventh.

Senior Jaysa Wichers pitched her last game striking out seven and walking three.

The Panthers would then score another run off a throwing error to take the 7-6 victory and advance on to the next round of regionals.

With this loss, the team ends its season 8-9.

21abrull@usd489.com

Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....