Filed under Basketball, Sports

Lady Indians fall at home to Liberal Redskins, 55-35

Seniors Mattie Hutchison and Kallie Leiker guard a Pratt player at a previous home game. The Indians are now 11-5 and will play the Abilene Cowboys on Feb.12.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

The Lady Indians fell to the undefeated Liberal Redskins, 55-34, at home on Feb. 8.

In the first quarter, the Redskins outscored the Indians by 15 points going 17-2. The score at half time was 28-10 in favor of the Redskins.

Liberal would continue to outscore the Indians in the third quarter making the score 45-19. In the final quarter, the Indians would try to make a comeback shooting in 15 points to Liberal’s 10. However, that would not be enough as the Redskins would take a 55-34 victory.

Senior Savannah Schneider led the scoring with 17 points. Senior Jaycee Dale and junior Brooke Denning threw in eight and six points, respectively. Rounding out the scoring was senior Kallie Leiker with two and junior Tasiah Nunnery with one.

After the game, seniors Hannah McGuire and Cade Swayne were crowned Indian Call Queen and King.

The team’s record is now 11-5 and will play the Abilene Cowboys in Abilene on Feb. 12.

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...