Eagles’ Long Goodbye Tour marks amazing end for legendary band

Clare Tholstrup

The Long Goodbye Tour is the final tour for the Eagles. The 52-year-old band has had an impressive career, and this tour marks the end of that run.

At the performance on Feb. 10 in Omaha, Neb., Steely Dan opened for the Eagles. Steely Dan performed for about an hour with hits, such as “Reelin’ In the Years” and “Dirty Work.” It was a fantastic opening act, and the audience really seemed to enjoy the jazzy rock act.

Following Steely Dan, the night’s featured performers, the Eagles, took the stage. To complete this tour, the Eagles’ long-time members Don Henley, Timothy B. Schmit and Joe Walsh were joined by deceased Eagle Glenn Frey’s son, Deacon Frey, as well as country singer Vince Gill.

The concert opened with “Seven Bridges Road” and proceeded to be an absolute experience. The visuals on the screen and the lights around the stage added fun effects to each song. The setlist consisted of 21 songs, all of which were hits that spanned the long career of the band. Most of the songs were the band’s originals, but some of the songs were from the members’ solo careers, such as Henley’s “Boys of Summer” or Walsh’s “Life’s Been Good.”

A signature of the band is amazing harmonies, and they truly lived up to that expectation. With a lot of the members being in their 70s, some may have thought that the vocals would not be what it used to be, but the high notes were very impressive, and I would even say that seeing the band live is better than any recordings.

25ctholstrup@usd489.com