Homecoming Week takes place Sept. 25-30

This year, Student Council moved up Homecoming week to the end of September instead of the beginning of October, which is more typical, in order to have a Friday and a Saturday with less scheduled events and to line up with a home football game.

The 2023 Homecoming candidates were announced on Thursday, Aug. 24 after the senior class voted for possible candidates the week prior via a PowerSchool poll.

The queen candidates are seniors Brynn Kinderknecht, Hailey Klein, Arely Maldonado, Lillian McGrath and Mika Zimmerman. King candidates are seniors Braxton Banker, Kyzer Fox, Nate Henderson, Cyrus Johnson and Edwin Muller.

The final vote for the Homecoming king and queen will take place on Thursday, Sept. 28 after watching the candidate video in PRIDE Time. The winners will be crowned during halftime of the Homecoming football game on Friday, Sept. 29, and the Homecoming dance will be Saturday, Sept. 30.

As usual, StuCo will be organizing Homecoming. Members will be decorating the Event Commons and the gyms to match this year’s theme, “Back to the ‘80s.” During the group’s September meeting, students signed up for different committees, which will be led by the officers.

The first decorating lock-in will be on Thursday, Sept. 21, and the second lock-in will be after the bonfire on Thursday, Sept. 28. These two meetings will consist of planning and building the decorations. Then, the final set up will be the day of the dance.

This year’s Spirit Week will be through Sept. 25-29, starting off with Monday as Barbie vs. Ken Day, Tuesday as Twin Day, Wednesday as ‘80s Movie Character Day, Thursday as Class Color Day and Friday as Formal Dress-Up Day.

Tickets for the dance will be sold Thursday, Sept. 21 through Friday, Sept. 29 before school and during PRIDE Time. Tickets will be $7 when bought before the dance and $8 at the door day of the dance. Cash, Cash App and credit cards are all accepted.

The day after the dance, there will be a cleanup meeting at 12 p.m. to take down all the decorations, pick up and sweep up trash and move items back to their spots.