Boys wrestling claims victory at Bishop Carroll Invitational

Heading to Wichita for the Bishop Carroll Invitational on dec. 16, the Hays High School boys wrestling team hoped to continue their winning ways.

The teams that attended were the Bishop Carroll Golden Eagles, the Maize South Mavericks and the Salina Central Mustangs.

The Indians started strong with senior Elijah McCullough taking first place at 113 lbs. Also earning first place included senior Harley Zimmerman at 144 lbs. and junior Dalton Meyers at 190 lbs.

Other finishes included senior Will Linenberger in second place, sophomore Jonathan Rigler in third place, senior Tacoma Augustine in fourth place, grade Jaxson Chartier in fifth place, sophomroe Grady Lind in fifth place, freshman Camden Luck in fifth place, senior Corbin Luck in fifth place, junior Roberto Macias in sixth place, sophomore Brant Pfannenstiel in sixth place, sophomore Jace Myers in 12th place and junior Logan Schoenberger in 14th place.

These results were enough to secure another first-place finish for the Indians.

“I think that we are going to continue to have a successful season because we get better every practice,” Camden Luck said.