Upperclassmen share high school experience with underclassmen siblings

The+Robben+sisters+%28left+to+right%29+freshman+Caroline%2C+junior+Isabel+and+sophomore+Maggie+go+to+their+first+of+many+high+school+dances+together.+

The Robben sisters (left to right) freshman Caroline, junior Isabel and sophomore Maggie go to their first of many high school dances together.

Courtesy

Courtesy

Courtesy

Going into a new school, especially high school, may be a terrifying thought for many students. Will it be hard to find friends? Who will you be able lean on when you need support? Will you have at least someone to go to for help?

These are a few questions that high school students ponder when they first step through the doors. However, some are lucky enough to already have all of those questions answered due to the fact that they have siblings in the same building.

Senior Cori Isbell has the privilege of seeing her three younger siblings, Judith, Jesse and Chris Isbell at home and in the halls. Cori said the best part about being in the same school as them is being able to look out for them. The only part she doesn’t enjoy as much is having to drive them to school every day.

“We have to make sure everyone is ready at a certain time,” Judith said. “If you’re not ready on time then you will get left behind.”

Chris said despite having different interests they all do sports, are all adopted, and each a year older than the other.

“I don’t think there are any downsides of having siblings in the same school as me,” Chris said.

Senior Garret Rymer also enjoys being able to share his high school experience with his younger sister, sophomore Audrey Rymer.

“The good thing is I can kind of keep her out of trouble,” Garret said.

Audrey said she likes having her brother at school because of the bonding. She’s able to go the same school events, borrow some of his hays high t-shirts and ask for help on homework assignments.

However, Garret said it can be bad sometimes.

“She can hear about all the great things that I’ve done in classes prior,” Garret said.

Freshman Aleyia Ruder also agrees that having her older brother, junior Dylan Ruder, is nice because he’s a familiar face and knows what’s going on, which means Aleyia can go to her bother for advice for just about anything.

“When I don’t know what to do he can help me,” Aleyia said. “Even though he’s not always the best help.”

Aleyia said they’re close and have a few things in common, like their sense of humor, height and their love for sports. When they see each other at school, a simple hello or high five gets them moving along their day.

“I’m not sure what else I’m supposed to say to him, but he’s a good time,” Aleyia said.

20ymaldonado@usd489.com

Yesenia Maldonado, Staff Reporter

Yesenia Maldonado is a junior and is in her first year of Newspaper. When she isn’t running or listening to Khalid she’s either spending time with...