FFA holds annual lock-in

FFA competed in a poultry and entomology competition on March 5. It was held at Hays High.

Google Images

Google Images

FFA held their annual lock-in Feb. 3 from 6:15-11:30 p.m. It was not required but recommended for FFA students.

Instructor Curt Vajnar holds the same lock-in each year. This year roughly 31 students attended.

The theme was “Drugs and Agriculture.” Detective Scott Braun came to talk to students about drugs and what was happening in Ellis County. Doctor Barbara Jean Ottley talked about how drugs affect people and if people could quit drugs and be back to normal without any side effects.

A group of state troopers also spoke to the 31 students who attended. Students also had pizza and ice cream and had the chance to play laser tag.

“We had a state officer come who was actually one of my students,” Vajnar said. “She was featured in a pretty big Hays Post article the other day because she went to South Africa. Then we played laser tag.”

This was freshman Cayden Sanders’s first year attending the annual lock-in.

“I decided to go because I wanted to hang out with my friends,” Sanders said. “I was most looking forward to seeing Dr. Ottley talk about how drugs damage your nerves and if you could come back from rehab and be the same.”

[email protected]