Filed under News, Top Stories

Gasper chooses editorial staff for Guidon newspaper, Guidon online, Indian Call yearbook

Junior Isabelle Braun writes down story assignments on the white board. Braun was the online editor this year and will assume the position of editor-in-chief next school year.

Alicia Feyerherm

Alicia Feyerherm

Alicia Feyerherm

Hays High School journalism adviser Bill Gasper has announced the editorial staff for the Guidon newspaper, the Guidon online and the Indian Call yearbook.

Junior Isabelle Braun has been named overall editor-in-chief of the Guidon, while sophomore Madison Weber will assume duties of online editor-in-chief.

“I feel honored to have been appointed to this position,” Weber said. “I can’t wait to see what next year brings. I want to keep this trend of getting the ‘All-Kansas’ award.”

Sophomore Allison Hillebrand has been named associate editor. Junior Taylor Schiffelbein returns as sports editor, and junior Jacob Maska will assume the position of photo editor.

For the yearbook, junior Emily George will be the new editor-in-chief, while juniors Hannah Harman and Jacie Robinson will serve as assistant editors.

“I’m very pleased that these students are part of the journalism program,” Gasper said. “I am confident they will do really well in a leadership position, and I expect the program to continue to flourish under their guidance.”

21afeyerherm@usd489.com

Alicia Feyerherm, Staff Reporter

Alicia Feyerherm is a sophomore and this is her second year in Newspaper. She is also involved in Tribe Broadcasting, Scholar’s Bowl, Red Cross Club...

1 Comment

One Response to “Gasper chooses editorial staff for Guidon newspaper, Guidon online, Indian Call yearbook”

1. Anniston Weber on May 15th, 2018 11:25 am

Congratulations Maddie & Isabelle! I love you girls. 💜

• Gasper chooses editorial staff for Guidon newspaper, Guidon online, Indian Call yearbook

KMEA All-State Choir results announced

StuCo explores possible changes for Indian Call this year to increase participation

Talent show acts decided

Freshman take STAR math test

Students collect shoes in Calista Isbell’s memory

Debate competes at two day tournament in Lawrence

Chamber Singers to perform at Matlock’s studio for Winter Art Walk

Scholars Bowl takes first at Colby Invitational

Students sign up for Spring Play at informational meeting

Officer speaks to health class about drugs, alcohol