Filed under News, Top Stories

Gasper chooses editorial staff for Guidon newspaper, Guidon online, Indian Call yearbook

Junior Isabelle Braun writes down story assignments on the white board. Braun was the online editor this year and will assume the position of editor-in-chief next school year.

Alicia Feyerherm

Alicia Feyerherm

Hays High School journalism adviser Bill Gasper has announced the editorial staff for the Guidon newspaper, the Guidon online and the Indian Call yearbook.

Junior Isabelle Braun has been named overall editor-in-chief of the Guidon, while sophomore Madison Weber will assume duties of online editor-in-chief.

“I feel honored to have been appointed to this position,” Weber said. “I can’t wait to see what next year brings. I want to keep this trend of getting the ‘All-Kansas’ award.”

Sophomore Allison Hillebrand has been named associate editor. Junior Taylor Schiffelbein returns as sports editor, and junior Jacob Maska will assume the position of photo editor.

For the yearbook, junior Emily George will be the new editor-in-chief, while juniors Hannah Harman and Jacie Robinson will serve as assistant editors.

“I’m very pleased that these students are part of the journalism program,” Gasper said. “I am confident they will do really well in a leadership position, and I expect the program to continue to flourish under their guidance.”

[email protected]

1 Comment

One Response to “Gasper chooses editorial staff for Guidon newspaper, Guidon online, Indian Call yearbook”

1. Anniston Weber on May 15th, 2018 11:25 am

Congratulations Maddie & Isabelle! I love you girls. 💜

[Reply]

• Gasper chooses editorial staff for Guidon newspaper, Guidon online, Indian Call yearbook

Long term substitutes’ first days settle nerves

Gordmans donates $2,500 for activities designed to positively influence students

Marching band leadership for the 2018-2019 school year announced

Chamber Singers announced for 2018-2019 school year

Latin students partake in the National Latin Exam

168 seniors walk across stage during graduation on May 13

Senior receives recognition at Spring Concert

Juniors escort seniors out

Seniors take first step in graduation week events through baccalaureate

StuCo officers elected for 2018-2019 school year