Filed under Golf, Sports

Seniors Tradgon McCrae, Josh Norris lead golf to seventh straight regional title

Senior Josh Norris golfs at a previous home tournament. The team is now headed to its 11th straight state championship.

Indian Call

Indian Call

Indian Call

Seniors Tradgon McCrae and Josh Norris finished first and second in their last chance to play at home in the 5A regional tournament to carry the Indians to their seventh straight regional team title.

The team shot a combined 324, six strokes ahead of Maize South. McCrae shot a 75 while Norris shot a 78 for the only two scores in the 70s.

Sophomore Jason Krannawitter finished seventh scoring an 81. Junior Tucker Johnson rounded out the team score with a 90 placing 17th.

Freshman Wesley Oakley placed 24th with 94 strokes, and sophomore Weston Hoskins placed 30th with 98 strokes.

The team will play in its 11th straight state tournament on May 20 at Dodge City’s Mariah Hills Golf Course next Monday.

21abrull@usd489.com

Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....