Indian baseball advances to second round of Diamond Classic tournament after back to back wins

Senior Hunter Brown swings for a ball in a recent game against the Great Bend Panthers. The Indians beat the Panthers 10-9.

Kaitlyn Brown

Kaitlyn Brown

The Indian baseball team won against Life Prep Academy 14-1 and the Great Bend Panther 10-9 to advance them into the next round of the Diamond Classic tournament. 

In the first game, junior Palmer Hutchison along with sophomore Brock Lummus scored three runs, while seniors Hunter Brown, Cole Murphy, juniors Will Sennett, Trey Riggs, and Trey McCrae scored two runs. Seniors Trey Vanpelt, and Hunter Brown, junior Cody Peterson and freshman Dominic Bainter scored one run. Seniors Hunter Brown, Cole Murphy, Trey Vanpelt, junior Cody Petersen, and sophomore Brock Lummus all scored two RBIs.  

In the second game, senior Hunter Brown, and junior Will Sennett both scored two runs. Senior Trey Vanpelt, Dawson Harman, and Cole Murphy, juniors Palmer Hutchison. Trey Riggs, and Cody Petersen all scored one run. Junior Cody Petersen had three RBIs. 

The next action for the Indians is the next round of the Diamond Classic hosted at the high school May 3-5. 

[email protected]