Students share about their Valentine holiday

That time of year has come and passed. The time where giving teddy bears, chocolate, and roses was expected of every boyfriend: Valentine’s Day.

“My boyfriend got me traditional Valentine’s stuff like roses, candy, a bear and a picture of us in a frame,” senior Reagan Kleymann said.

However, it wasn’t just the guys delivering the presents this year.

“I did a cute treasure hunt for Josh where I cut out hearts and it eventually led to me holding his present,” Kleymann said. “I made heart shaped cookies and cupcake.”

There were some couples that didn’t really celebrate at all.

“I haven’t gotten anything yet from my boyfriend,” freshman Shelby Berens said. “I didn’t give him anything either though. I did get some suckers from my friends.”

Like Berens, a lot of people got Valentines from their friends.

“I got some Valentine cards from my friends,” junior Ashly Arthur said.

While some didn’t celebrate at all, there were couples that celebrated early.

“I celebrated early,” freshman Conrad Hoffman said. “I got my girlfriend candles, M&Ms and a teddy bear.”