Pick up the telephone, it’s Lady Gaga calling

From dressing in outfits made entirely of raw meat to wearing Diet Coke cans in her hair, Lady Gaga definitely makes herself known in the music world.

Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, has been a rising music star since 2008 when her first album, “The Fame,” was released.  The album has sold more than 12 million copies.

Since then, she has released another album, “The Fame Monster,” 2009, and she will release her newest album, “Born This Way,” sometime this year.

From the time when her rise to fame began, Gaga has had six number one singles: “Just Dance,” “Poker Face,” “Paparazzi,” “Bad Romance,” “Telephone” and “Alejandro.”

Many students do indeed find her music very entertaining.

“I really like some of her songs,” freshman Mackenzie Lewis said. “I think she’s a great artist.”

Besides her music, there is one other thing that intrigues many people; the way she outfits herself.  Metal dresses, a costume made of plastic bubbles, and an entire outfit made completely of Kermit the Frog stuffed animals are just a few of the many strange outfits she’s been spotted in.

Some students feel that her dressing is very neat and unique.

“I think it’s cool how she’s not afraid to stand out and be different,” Lewis said.

Other students disagree.

“Lady Gaga is weird and is just trying to find ways to draw attention to herself,” senior Eli Fort said.