Filed under Basketball, Sports

Lady Indians fall 54-49 in overtime to Salina South

Seniro Mattie Hutchison blocks a Salina Central player at a previous game. The Indians are now 7-4.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

After six wins in a row, the Lady Indians suffered a 54-49 overtime-loss to the Salina South Cougars in Salina on Feb. 29.

Hays led the scoring after the first quarter 16-14, but South caught up during the second quarter. At half-time the score was 25-25.

Then Hays scored three points more than South in the third quarter to make the score 36-33. South caught up to make the score 44-44 at the end. In overtime, Hays scored five points while South scored 10 to make the score 54-49.

Senior Savannah Schneider led the scoring with 14 points while senior Jaycee Dale and junior Brooke Denning followed close behind with 12 and 10 points, respectively. Junior Tasiah Nunnery added in six points.

Senior Kallie Leiker, junior Isabel Robben and freshman Taleia McCrae all threw in two points. Rounding out the scoring was senior Mattie Hutchison with one point.

The Indians are now 9-4 and will play Dodge City at home on Feb. 1.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...