Filed under Basketball, Sports

Boys Basketball falls in first round of Colby Tournament to Scott City, 55-47

Sophomore T.J. Nunnery drives to the basket after beating two Great Bend Panther defenders.

Jacob Maska

Boys basketball tipped off their first game of the Colby Tournament, against Scott City. The Indians fell to Scott City in a 55-47 loss.

The Indians started the game off strong hitting three, three pointers and six field goals in the first quarter, leading the Beavers 22-14.

Second quarter the Beavers stayed consistent, scoring another 14 points in the second quarters. While the Indians slowed down only scoring nine points, but the Indians would hold the lead at the end of the first half.

The Indians struggles continued into the third quarter scoring five points, while the Beavers put up another 13 points to take a 10-point lead 41-36.

Finding a rhythm, the Indians put up 11 points in the fourth but could come back with Scott City putting another 14 points to extend and keep their lead and ending the game with an eight-point lead.

The Indians play their second round of the Colby tournament on Jan. 18 at Colby.

19jmaska@usd489.com

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...