Filed under Sports

Lady Indians fall to Liberal Redskins 61-42 on Jan. 4

Senior Kallie Leiker dribbles the ball across the court at a previous game against Pratt. The team will play its rival, the Great Bend Panthers on Jan. 8.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

The Lady Indian basketball ball team fell to the Liberal Redskins 61-42 on Jan. 4.

At the end of the first quarter, the Indians were down by four and would stay behind for the rest of the game. At half-time, the score was 24-13.

The Lady Indians would try to make a come back in the third quarter scoring 18 points to Liberal’s 19 points. However, their effort would not be enough as they went 18-11 in the final quarter with the Lady Redskins outscoring the Lady Indians.

Junior Brooke Denning lead the scoring with 11 points and senior Savannah Schneider followed close behind with 10 points.

Other scorers included senior Jaycee Dale with eight and Junior Tasiah Nunnery with four. Seniors Kallie Leiker and Mattie Hutchinson and junior Isabel Robben rounded out the scoring, all with three points.

The Indian’s record is now 3-3 and will play rival, Great Bend Panthers, in Great Bend on Jan. 8.

21abrull@usd489.com

About the Contributors
Anna Brull, Staff Reporter

Anna Brull is a sophomore, and this is her second year in newspaper. She is also involved in Cross Country, Student Council, Red Cross Club and Chess Club....

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...