Filed under Basketball, Sports

Boys basketball places fourth at Tournament of Champions

Head coach Rick Keltner instructs senior point guard Ethan Nunnery after coming out of the game.

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Jacob Maska

Boys basketball placed fourth in the 75th annual Tournament of Champions in Dodge City going 1-2 for games falling to Bishop Miege and Wichita Heights but getting a win over Manhattan. The Indians brought home many awards for their student-athletes. Senior Kyler Koenke and senior cheerleader Kamree Markley received all-academic team, senior Ethan Nunnery made all-tournament team and coach Rick Keltner won the sportsmanship award.

The Indians basketball team made a strong start at TOC beating Manhattan 60-45, shot 37 percent from the field. The win was short lived because the Indians would face off against second-ranked 5A Wichita Heights fall 76-51. The boys basketball team played Bishop Miege for third and fourth place but came up short against the number one ranked team in 5A, losing 75-45. The Indian’s basketball team falls to 8-6 on the season.

19jmaska@usd489.com

Jacob Maska, Photo Editor

Jacob Maska, a four year member of the Guidon staff and former Sports Editor and current Photo Editor. Maska has played soccer for all four years of his...