Cross country at Salina

Leading the varsity boys to win second as a team at Salina was senior Seth Tophoj with a time of 17:11.

Tophoj won his race overall with senior Eli Fort following in eighth (18:17). Freshman Kendall Kandt (19:02) and junior Dallas Kaiser (19:06) placed 15th and 19th.  Sophomores Joshua Brungardt (19:37), Blake Mathews (20:08) and Alec Webb (20:32) also ran in the varsity race.

Junior varsity boys had two runners at Salina.

Senior Ky Scheibler medaled 10th in the race with a time of 19:59.  Junior Derek Stiles (22:21) also ran for the junior varsity boys.

There was a C team boys race at Salina and the first two places went to freshmen Hunter Bizzell (20:12) and Jacob Booth (20:35).  Sophomore Steven Vancil (24:32) also ran in the C team boys race.

Senior Bailey Zimmerman led the varsity girls to a fourth place finish with a time of 16:46.

Zimmerman finished her race in first overall with sophomore April Johnson (18:10) following in 12th. Freshman Wendy Zimmerman (18:32) also medaled for the girls finishing in 17th.  Freshmen Shelby Matlock (18:49) and Reagan Kaiser (18:54) and senior Kelli Oppliger (19:16) also ran for the varsity girls.

The varsity girls were without the assistance of junior Paige Lunsford, out with an injury, and sophomore Kylee Filley, who was sick.

Sophomore Chelsie Schoendaller medaled eighth in the junior varsity race with a time of 19:32.

Sophomore Kaitlin Gulley (20:14), freshmen Shea Biskie (20:43) and Alysia Arnhold (21:01) and junior Taylor Biskie (21:31) also ran for junior varsity girls.