Filed under Media, News

Seniors Shyann Schumacher, Peyton Thorell, present annual Site Council report to Board of Education

Principal Martin Straub watches senior Peyton Thorell as he discusses the new devices Hays High got this year. Thorell was one of the speakers who presented the Hays High Site Council annual report.

Tribe Broadcasting

The Board of Education met on April 8 and after approval of the agenda, Hays High Site Council presented their annual report to the board.

Principal Martin Straub, Site Council President Rob Kennemer and seniors Shyann Schumacher and Peyton Thorell presented on behalf of the Site Council.

Thorell talked about the new Dell computers Hays High got this year.

“They are very durable and people seem to like them a lot more than the Surfaces,” Thorell said. “We feel that the battery life is a lot better, so we really enjoy the new computers.”

Schumacher highlighted the new clubs that have come to Hays High this year, in particular, the success of the chess team.

“The team has competed in several competitions this year and actually placed 2nd in the 5A tournament,” Schumacher said.

Straub and Kennemer went through and discussed the topics that were addressed at each of the Site Council meetings.

There’s only one Site Council meeting left and it will be held on May 1.

“At that meeting we will elect officers and discuss any topics that we want to talk about the coming year,” Kennemer said.

21afeyerherm@usd489.com

Alicia Feyerherm, Staff Reporter

Alicia Feyerherm is a sophomore and this is her second year in Newspaper. She is also involved in Tribe Broadcasting, Scholar’s Bowl, Red Cross Club...