Seniors pass off DECA project

Seniors pass off DECA project

Seniors Isabelle Braun and Kallie Leiker have been working on the Ronald McDonald House DECA project for the past two years.

courtesy photo

courtesy photo

courtesy photo

DECA has been working with the Ronald McDonald House for many years now and for the past two years the project has been headed by seniors Isabelle Braun and Kallie Leiker.

They started the search for people to take over their project about a week ago, because they will graduate this year. The RMHC means a lot to them and they didn’t want just anyone to take over their project.

“To begin with we just asked a bunch of teachers for recommendations,” Braun said. “I just asked teachers who sophomores would be likely to have and then I asked Mr. Hibbs because he teaches business classes.”

They then emailed some of the recommendations to see if they were interested and after that asked teachers about the students that said they were interested.

“A big part of our project is presentations so we went and asked teachers who had the best presentation skills,” Braun said.

They eventually decided on sophomores Emmy Morely, Kassidy Winter and Allison Brooks to take over their project.

“We are hopeful that they will continue on with great things for the project,” Braun said. “We are nervous, but that just comes with it because we care so much about this and we want them to do great with it.”

Morely, Winter and Brooks are all excited for the opportunity to take this project over.

“I’m excited to see what all this project entails and to get the opportunity to help people in need,” Winter said.

21abrooks@usd489.com

Allison Brooks, Staff Reporter

Allison Brooks is a sophomore and this is her second year in newspaper. She is involved in tennis, scholar’s bowl, and student council.