Seniors named Sunflower Community Ambassadors

The+Sunflower+Bank+offer+Community+Ambassadors+a+chance+to+apply+for+a+scholarship+at+the+end+of+the+year.++

The Sunflower Bank offer Community Ambassadors a chance to apply for a scholarship at the end of the year.

Rebekah Porter

Rebekah Porter

Rebekah Porter

High school seniors recently had the opportunity to apply for the Sunflower Community Ambassador Leadership Program and this year four seniors from Hays High were named Community Ambassadors: Ryan Hernandez, Shyann Shumacher, Kallie Leiker, and Isabelle Braun.

Leiker said that she heard about the opportunity when the counselors sent out an email to all of the seniors and decided to apply. Leiker hopes that this will be a good opportunity to expand her horizons, make connections, and build relationships with people in the community.

The students chosen will meet once a month and have the opportunity to listen to a variety of guest speakers. They will also have the chance to talk about local businesses and government.

“I was very honored and excited to take on this role in the community,” Leiker said.

Students chosen as Community Ambassadors also have a chance to apply for a scholarship at the end of the year.

“It’s a great opportunity for students to gain information about their community,” Stenger said. “Scholarship committees, universities and employers are always looking for students who are wanting to be involved in the community.”

19rporter@usd489.com

Rebekah Porter, Staff Reporter

Rebekah Porter is a senior and this is her second year in Newspaper. She is also involved in tennis and band. She likes reading and spending time with...