Homecoming Week a Success

One week after the big game, students still remember homecoming week and the events that came with it.

“The best part was the dance because a lot of people showed up, everyone danced and it was really fun.” Junior Christine Beougher said.

Between the spirit days, assemblies, class games, parade, game and dance, students have many opinions on the best part.

“The best part of homecoming week was probably the game,” sophomore Sarah Rooney said. “I always love going to the homecoming game and not only watching our team win, but seeing who wins homecoming king and queen. Overall, I think homecoming week is one of the best weeks of the school year.”

For 10 students, homecoming week was a spotlight in the public eye. Homecoming royalty Megan Bird, Derek Bixenman, Darian Leiker, Nick Glassman, Arin Pfannenstiel, Bayron Rivera, Courtney Kaba, Josh Brungardt, Courtney Storer and Chandler Rule participated in the games assembly, walked down the red carpet at the homecoming assembly, and rode in the parade.

After a week of waiting, the winners were announced at half-time of the football game. Leiker and Brungardt walked away with the staff and camp of the homecoming king and queen.

“Being a candidate was easily the best part of my senior year so far,” candidate Rivera said. “My favorite part of being a candidate is hard to determine. I loved all of it, but the feeling of everyone just knowing who you are and saying nice things about all of us was definitely the coolest part. The parade was also a really cool part.”

14awalters@usd489.com