Filed under Feature

Community Ambassador meeting gives seniors better idea into the minds of interviewers

The four members of Community Ambassadors are seniors Isabelle Braun, Ryan Hernandez, Kallie Leiker and Shyann Schumacher. Along with 10 others from different high schools, the four are given different opportunities to learn skills needed after graduation.

Google Images

The Sunflower Community Ambassadors met on Jan. 30 to discuss volunteering and interviewing skills. Tammy Wellbrock from the Chamber of Commerce spoke, giving students the opportunity to ask questions and telling stories of her own experience interviewing.

The four attendants from the school include senior Isabelle Braun, Ryan Hernandez, Kallie Leiker and Shyann Schumacher. The four were selected in the fall semester of the 2018-19 school year by Sunflower Bank. Now, meetings are held almost monthly with a variety of topics being discussed.

“We discussed how someone in a management interprets first impressions of applicants,” Schumacher said. “I gained an insight into how my resume and phone interviews play an important role in the hiring process.

There were 10 other seniors from different high schools who also attended the meeting.

“I think it’s great to be able to network already at such a young age because when we grow up and start to have real jobs, we will need networking in order to get where we want to be,” Leiker said. “I’ve learned that personal connections are huge and that no matter what field we go into, we need to be confident.

19ibraun@usd489.com

Isabelle Braun, Editor-in-Chief

Isabelle Braun is a senior who loves talking to new people and spending time with friends. She is very driven and plans to make her senior year the best...